Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Why? (Tick, Tick...BOOM!)

[originally posted February 14, 2006]

When Felicity moved to New York she started every episode with "Dear Sally...". I don't know a Sally, but you'll do.

I'm starting a new chapter in my life and I've decided to celebrate by writing down my every thought on this stupid thing for all to read, because I'm a whore like that.

New chapter is: I've moved back in with my parents. What the hell have I done? Not only that, but I left my life in Toronto behind for Ottawa? Call me crazy. Go on, I know you're thinking it.

Here's why I did it. I had a great life in Toronto as a struggling actor, balancing two jobs in retail and as a waiter, to help pay for his sexy one bedroom apartment and and many many many bills. So many bills. I just couldn't handle it anymore (financially) so I decided that the healthiest thing to do for myself would be to suck it up and move back to O-Town and live with Fouad and Lupita, and a cat named George.

Now all I do is sleep all day and prepare for a trip to Hong Kong to see my sister. It's not forever. The plan is get a job, put all my money towards my debt, and then pack up at the end of the summer and head back out to Vancouver. At least that's the plan. We'll see how it goes. For now I'm just SO DAMN BORED!

  • Why did I let my license expire? Now I have to wait half an hour for an hourlong bus ride to downtown when it normally takes 5 minutes by car.
  • Why did I join a gym and get a personal trainer while I was in school and not working and why did I put it on my credit card? I'm still skinny and boney.
  • Why can I not sleep before 5am or wake up before 3:30pm? In Toronto I was used to no more than 5 hours of sleep.
  • Why haven't I gotten my ass to the passport office yet? I need to plan this trip NOW.

Thank God for Liz. The only other person in this city that I know from Toronto. Thank God she drives me around. Thank God I have someone to rip up the dance floor with. This city needs us, Liz. It NEEDS us. Let's get the fuck out of here.

So this is blogging, huh?

No comments: