Friday, April 21, 2006

Hard Work (Fame)

I got a job at Roots. The store I've always wanted to work at. The store I originally applied to when my Roots career began over 5 years ago. They offered me 2 dollars less than what I was making when I left. I turned it down. I got a job at Opinion Search. My first shift was last Saturday at 9am. I decided to sleep in instead. I didn't show up for any of my other shifts either. It was just a back up job anyhow. I started Hard Rock yesterday. I know it's going to be fine, but I'm just worried because I'm a really bad waiter and I think there are big expectations from me because I've worked at Hard Rock before.

I hate working. I've had the last 3 months off and, yes I've been bored as hell and so lazy that it's hurting my body, but I don't want to work. I hate having to learn things and having to do stuff. I really do. Why can't I just get paid to do what I love? I go to rehearsal every night and I'm in heaven. I need to get paid to perform. I'll sing for you, act for you, dance for you, I'll even write for you. I just DON'T want to do anything else! I don't want to serve you alcoholic drinks I've never heard of because I don't care for alcohol. I don't want to know where the guacamole button is on the micros system. I don't want to have to clear your plates, take them to the dish pit, wash my hands and get you the bill. I want to make you want to be on stage because I'm so good at what I do, I make you forget about your shitty life and make you want to live my fantasy life.

I am a doctor of the soul. I went through two years of medical arts school to earn that and I'm damn well going to get paid for it. "Give me a job and you instantly get me involved. If you give me a job than the rest of this crap will get solved. Put me to work you will see that by now I'm allowed. I'll do you proud."


You know, every so often I think I should just get a real job and do community theatre and my life will be stable and fulfilled. But there's honestly nothing else I can do. There's nothing else I want to do.

5 comments:

Warrior Princesse Alathariel said...

hey, don't you read my blog? there should be a copywright or something. anyway, I agree with you (and you agree with me) that serving is retarded.
But I don't agree that we are performing to make them perform, I'm performing...kinda to make them want to see me perform all the time.

Let's start a theatre company and perform in it!

Warrior Princesse Alathariel said...

and make out on stage.

skinny-rabbit said...

I did read your blog, but I feel this way too, and I have my own blog to write in. It's not just serving I hate, it's any kind of work that doesn't have to do with entertainment. And I don't perform to make them perform. It's just that every time I see a great performance I think "that's going to be me one day. That should be me now." And I want to be in that person's position, and have other people in mine.

Warrior Princesse Alathariel said...

K, I hate all joe jobs (and real jobs too for that matter) too. But I don't want someone to be in my position. I don't want them to be on stage, I want them to want to watch the stage and that's it. My position is horrible. I don't enjoy the show! I just wish I were in it! I don't want the audience thinking of how they wish they had my role!

skinny-rabbit said...

You've just always got to have the last word, don't ya, princesse?