Monday, April 10, 2006

Who's Got The Pain? (Damn Yankees)

I'm really sore that I did not win the Iggy Award for Best Actor. I'm even more sore that I didn't lose to Geoff. I'm especially sore that all but one of the nominees from our show walked away empty handed. We had two nominees in most categories. More nominees than any other show. We had a freaking tour, for sobbing out loud. I didn't see the competition, but I do believe that You're A Good Man Charlie Brown was the best production The George Ignatieff theatre has ever seen. My heart hurts, but at least I'm alive.

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Charlie Brown was an AWESOME production and you should've won the iggy!!! Fuck them, we'll create our own awards show, The Ordinary People awards show and you will win the Sexiest Musical Theatre Geek award. It's a very coveted trophy. Gwen Verdon will present. Oh wait, she's dead.

Warrior Princesse Alathariel said...

hello, you've won a Golden Snitch award! did they know that? did they know who they were dealing with? You played Hermionick for God's sake! And you condecend yourself to play Charlie and they give you the shaft? It's all political.

Anonymous said...

I would like to mention that all but one of the actors got an offer from an agent in our show. Can the other shows make that claim? I think not!