Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Back To Before (Ragtime)

[originally posted March 19, 2006]

I have returned to Eastern Standard Time. Back to the future, if you will. My time in Vancouver was... interesting. I stayed with Clara which was loads of fun and we have it all documented on video. Autumn and Rima reunited with a few special guests - the good times were, indeed, rolling. I reconnected with a couple of old friends, the likes of Collette, Jamie, and a small group from VFS. A planned reunion at a street jazz class at Harbour Dance Center with Marilyn unfortunately never happened. Instead I spent that late afternoon in the Urgent Care Unit at UBC Hospital, trying to figure out if I had blood clot or not. A blood test ("a little bit positive" said the doctor), a blood thinner injection ("I gave you the right medication, but the wrong root, so you may experience bruising and internal bleeding" said the nurse when she called me a few hours later), and an ultra sound ("is the gel going to be super cold?... oh no, it's super warm" said I as the doctor lubricate my entire leg) later it was determined that it was nothing life threatening or even all that serious. That's nice. I was able to get on my plane to O Town the following afternoon. I was fine with Air Canada until that flight. Since when do they charge for airplane food? I hate you, Air Canada. A lady at the airport convinced me to sign up for another Visa. The look on her face when I told her I have no income at the moment was priceless. So I arrived in Ottawa on Friday night and the next morning I went to my audition at my old stomping grounds - Orpheus. I have a double call back in a few hours. It's nice.

No comments: