Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Oh, Ain't That Sweet (Thou Shalt Not)

[originally posted February 16, 2006]

You know what I love? Chocolate bars. Why? I'm so glad you asked. Not because they taste great, make a handy snack, are portable, or easily accessible. I like them because they remind me of my fabulous childhood. Aero, Kit Kat, Coffee Crisp, Smarties, Reeses Pieces... I grew up with these delicious treats, and even though I don't indulge in my cravings like I used to, every Halloween when they come out with the mini-sized verisons I eat them by the box load.
I just don't understand what the hell is going on with all these new crazy incanations. Aero MINT? Coffee Crisp PEANUT BUTTER? Smarties BARS? Kit Kat CHUNKY? Fuck you! You're tampering with a solid formula that kept people happy for generations! This makes me so angry, I can't even say. I just can't.
I think I did.
I hope you feel the same way. Change is not always good. I mean, I love change and all, but sometimes it's just not for the best. It's like adding a new character or location three seasons into a series. Doesn't always work. Just ask Roy or Poochie.

No comments: