Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Eternal Youth Is Worth A Little Suffering (Sunset Boulevard)

[originally posted March 3, 2006]

16 Hours. A personal TV attached to the seat in front of me with movies on demand at my finger tips. I watched Bonnie and Clyde, Little Manhattan, and episodes of The Office and Sensitive Skin. I ate chicken, salmon, fruit, dim sum, ice cream. I drank water, orange juice, sprite, ginger ale. Man next to me had bad breath and kept talking to his TV. I started to feel sick at some point during my last 3 hours on the plane. When I made my way through the airport (which brought back flashbacks of The Amazing Race season 2), I took the train to Hong Kong and met my sister at the station. We took a taxi to her apartment in SoHo, walked around the neighbourhood, showed me the world's longest outdoor escalator, happened upon a movie set, attempted to eat spaghetti, felt dizzy and bulimic, went home, showered, popped Aspirin, slept. Missed bondage theme bachelorette party. Better this morning, which is last night for most of you.

No comments: