Saturday, April 29, 2006

My Friends (Sweeney Todd)

I don't regret leaving Toronto, but going back there this week definitely made me miss it and resent Ottawa even more. I miss my apartment. I miss musical theatre karaoke. I miss good looking people who know how to dress. But that's not what makes me want to go back. It's the friendships I made there. Fuck I miss those people.

I've been thinking about postponing yet again my move to Vancouver until January because I haven't made any money in 3 months. But being there made me realize how much I need to not be in Ottawa for much longer. I was thinking yesterday that Toronto is the only place to be, but on the way home I rethought it and realized that I miss my Vancouver friends too and need to go experience the West Coast more thoroughly. Besides, the people in Vancouver are even better looking and I know I'll make lots of friends there too. For now I really miss the specific Torontonians I've come to know and love.

I love being around people who know me almost better than I know myself. The kids I went to theatre school have that advantage over everyone else in my life. Even my friends from high school I don't relate to anymore. Ottawa sucks.

That said, I had a successful night at rehearsal today. All of a sudden all these people decided I was their new best friend. It mostly came out of us talking about people we hate. Fuck there are some people I hate in that cast and unfortunately the one who reminds me of Brianne Tucker decided that she would start talking to me today and would not leave me alone. I hate her. Everyone hates her. That's why they're my new friends.

Ugh, I miss my Toronto friends.

(I'll correct grammar later)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

and Toronto misses you.

Lindsay said...

Toronto's not the only place to be! I hear Vancouver is very hot right now, almost as hot as you, and you going there is only going to make it hotter. Just work hard; remember your goal is to make money so concentrate on making it so you can get out of there sooner! But don't work so hard that you don't enjoy your time there at all. Make it fun! You are fun so fun follows you wherever you go anyway! And all your Toronto friends love and support you so when you feel like you want to stick your head in the oven because you hate Ottawa so much we'll be here to listen! We'll get you to Vancouver, baby. Absofuckinlutely.

bedroomprince said...

FUCK Grammar!