Sunday, April 23, 2006

Fancy Meeting You Here (Lucky Stiff)

Isn't it funny when you run into random people at random times. I've just had my fifth random encounter in one week. A chick I went to elementary school was at a bachelorette party at my work tonight. Turns out she lives in Toronto now, which is bizarre because I just left Toronto. Dun Dun Dun. Earlier in the day I ran into one of my cousins at The Bay. Haven't seen him since high school, he also recently moved back from Toronto. Dun Dun Dun. After much debate over where to have dinner, my friend Sonya and I settled on Kelsey's. We sat there for some time talking about our friend Sarah's upcoming wedding when we realize that Sarah's mother has been sitting next to us the whole time, also talking about Sarah's wedding. Dun Dun Dun. There's this dude I met on gay.com who's a writer and we talk about writing and arsty stuff. The other day I was downtown and stepped outside of a store when he happened to be walking past the store at that exact moment, making for a first time face to face meeting. And exactly one week ago tonight I went out gay dancing for the time since I've been living back here, and who should I run into but my friend's ex who now lives in New York. Dun Dun Dun. Also random is that the guy he was with turned out to be the same person I saw on the cover of Ottawa magazine the day before. What the hell's going on? Life hasn't been this random since I first moved to Toronto, got on a subway and happened to be sitting next to a chick I went to high school with who was in Toronto just cause. Funny that. I really don't have a point with this blog, it's just weird how all these people keep popping up at any given moment, and all within a pretty tight time-frame. The only thing I can conclude is that we should make out.

No comments: