Thursday, April 13, 2006

Too Much Exposition (Urinetown)

Why do people talk during TV? Why would anybody open their mouth in a movie theatre? Why does the world feel the need to constantly irritate me with chatter, commentary, predictions, questions, and conversation WHILE THE SHOW IS HAPPENING? That is my biggest pet peeve. Bigger than talking to me while I'm on the phone. Bigger than ugly people who feel the need to look unattractive on purpose. If I'm watching TV or a movie, I don't care what the fuck you have to say. Keep it to yourself until the movie is over or until a commercial break. I don't want to hear your opinions on a character and I certainly don't want to discuss the situation as it is happening. When it's over, then we can talk. Until then, shut the fuck up.

4 comments:

artsmonkey said...

breathe in.... breath out... breathe in... breathe out... think of your happy place.... then think of violent things you can say/do to annoying blabbermouths.... like call them fat - or put nylons on their faces and glue googley eyes on them....

Lindsay said...

interesting idea for retaliation

Warrior Princesse Alathariel said...

what about reactions? are gasps and sighs and tears okay? It's a good thing you like living on your own...

skinny-rabbit said...

This is WHY I like living on my own. Gasps, sighs and tears are definitely ok. So is laughter. It's when people feel the need to include me in their reactions that pisses me off. If something funny happens, laugh. But don't look at me to try to "share a moment" or to see if I think it's funny too. If I think it's funny I'll laugh. I can't fully appreciate a cinematic or television experience when I'm being taken out of the world that I'm getting lost in by someone sitting next to me. Have your own reactions, but don't include me in them until it's over.