Saturday, April 08, 2006

Where Do I Go? (Hair)

The Roots store that I've always wanted to work at called me today and left a message to set up an interview. Now that I've got Hard Rock lined up, what do I do about Roots? It's easy, I already know what I'm doing there so I don't have to learn anything new, the store is tiny so there's not much work to do, and there are rarely any customers so there's REALLY not much work to do. It's my dream job.
If I go with Hard Rock I work on my waitering skills so that I can get a waiter job when I move to Vancouver. The minimum wage there is $8/h, compared to Ontario's $6.75. That's hot. If I go with Roots I can just get a transfer when I go out there so that I won't have to bother looking for a new job. That's also hot. What to do? I think the Roots job is only part time. I think I might make more money at Hard Rock. I think I'm going to have to stick with Hard Rock. In an ideal world I'd work 4 days at Hard Rock and 2 days at Roots. But the last time I worked that much I burned out and ended up here.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

I miss you.

skinny-rabbit said...

Don't miss me too much. I'm coming to stay with you soon, and then you're going to be my city neighbour not long after that!