Thursday, May 25, 2006

Not Enough Magic (The Rink)

I've grown some balls and I asked out my new "gorgeous, grammar-conscious, and not looking for sex" friend. We went out to dinner at a nice little restaurant on Bank Street. My date was less attractive than the pictures I've seen (a lot less attractive). Not only looks wise, but style wise. The conversation bored me to the point where I just stopped talking all together. Also, I don't like quiet talkers since I don't have superb hearing, and I don't like to have to say "What?" every minute, so I just pretend to understand what was being said and responded with smiles, nods, awkward laughter, and "yeah"s. It was like when Jerry was humouring Kramer's quiet talking girlfriend and ended up in a pirate shirt on The Today Show. By the end of the date, I decided to spare myself the pain and forgo the movie I had suggested earlier, claiming I was tired. As we were leaving the restaurant I remembered I was horny and was looking really good, so I opened an invitation to come back to my place, which was thankfully declined.

I also don't like lisps.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

that's a shame. he sounded so good!

Warrior Princesse Alathariel said...

Dude, I dated a guy with a lisp and I wanted to kill myself. He wasn't a really beautiful person on the inside so the real reason for dumping him wasn't the lisp. But I still felt guilty.

No matter how good his grammer is, it wouldn't sound right when he quietly called you thekthy.