Monday, May 22, 2006

Don't Quit While You're Ahead (The Mystery Of Edwin Drood)

I don't like home cooked meals. I don't cook. Therefore I eat out a lot. I love fast food and I love restaurants. Why do my favourite places to eat insist on changing a good thing? I just don't understand it. First Subway decided to stop cutting the top off the sandwich and now cut it at the side. Because it is very rare to find a good sandwich artist, it's almost a guarantee that tomatoes, lettuce and other such toppings will be falling out of the sandwich and not make it to your mouth. They also changed the bread to, in my opinion, an inferior bun.

So I stopped going there when I discovered Quiznos. Expensive, but delicious. Then Quiznos changed their bread on me too, and even stopped serving their amazing meatball subs on their amazing bread. I've asked for the bread since they still had it sitting there, but they refused. I never went back.

As upsetting as this all is, I could always count on East Side Marios. Until this weekend, when I was shocked and appalled to find their delicious bread that I normally can't get enough of was hard. I mentioned this to the delicious server, who informed me that they changed the bread and they're all hard now. What the fuck? They also changed the sauce on their spaghetti. I had no sauce on my spaghetti. Another one bites the dust.

Why is the restaurant industry fucking with me? I hate it, and I've boycotted things before (Yeah, I'm talking to you OC Transpo!), so don't think I'll never go back. Stop changing your bread!

No comments: