Wednesday, May 31, 2006

I Whistle A Happy Tune (The King And I)

One of my most favourite things about being in a show is doing mic checks. To make things interesting, and in order to avoid boring everyone by singing the same songs from the show over and over, our stage manager has set a different theme for every night - each theme related to Victor/Victoria. Prizes are awarded per category and points are given for creativity. The songs don't have to be from a musical, but I choose to only sing showtunes, so these are the songs I have lined up for each theme. Tell me if you think I can do better.

Have Another Drink - The Ladies Who Lunch (Company)

King Me/Queen Me - Either I'll Cover You (Rent) "You'll be my King and I'll be your castle/No, you'll be my Queen and I'll be your moat." or something from Chess

Oui, Oui/Yes, Yes - Either I Speak Six Languages (Spelling Bee) or Now You're Speaking French (Lucky Stiff)

Cast Names - Jimmy (Thoroughly Modern Millie) because there are three Jims in the cast

Piano Man - Schroeder (You're A Good Man Charlie Brown)

I've Got A Secret - Nobody Needs To Know (Last Five Years)

Jazz - Jazz Man (The Simpsons)

Moving It Here, Moving It There - The Books (Brownstone)

Surprise Theme - we find out that night what the theme is

Sex! - A Call From The Vactican (Nine)

4 comments:

Warrior Princesse Alathariel said...

Nice! What a cool director! Those choices are perfect. who would know better than you?

bedroomprince said...

I may! I am thinking of some...

skinny-rabbit said...

Think quickly, it starts tomorrow!

Lindsay said...

that sounds like so much fun, can i come be part of your cast please?