Saturday, July 01, 2006

See I'm Smiling (The Last Five Years)

Good night last night. Had one of my best friends here meet my new potentially future lovah at a diner. I was given the stamp of approval, the go ahead, if you will, as my friend fell in love and had nothing but positive things to say. Great. Remember when I said I felt no chemistry when we took that walk on the canal? After seeing my new potentially future lovah in lighting other than moonlight and interacting with a friend of mine, I was absolutely smitten. When we drove potentially future lovah home I asked if I could come up, and was met with a yes. Friend went home, I went up, making it clear that I was not coming over for sex, which was all good. We watched the first two episodes of Sex And The City Season 3 (where I left off on the DVD watching of the show), and debated the hotness of the politician (I adore the politician). Held hands. Accepted my neurotic worrying about my chronically sweaty palms and even took the time to accommodate my fidgeting hands, which needed stretching every now and then. Asked if I was a Charlotte. I pleaded my Miranda case, but after much discussion about how I feel about relationships, realized I definitely have a big part of Charlotte in me. Potentially future lovah happens to be more of a Samantha. But it turns out we have the same attitude towards sex. We both find it hard for other lovahs to get us off during sex. We'd both much rather just kiss and cuddle. Which is what we did until roughly 4:30am. I got in a cab, the sun started to come up. It was a great night and I look forward to future lovah becoming lovah.

4 comments:

The ArtofBeingMe said...

I really like the sound of this potential lovah. Keep him around, so far he sounds just lovely.

Ask him how he feels about the union between Barbie and Ken. After which you should discuss, in detail, your feelings on Miss Piggy and 'KERMIE!' Then you will know for sure if he should be your lovah.

Warrior Princesse Alathariel said...

But we all need to meet him!
I already approve, and your Ottawa friend does, so that's cool, but I wanna meet him!

He sounds awesome and I'm ever so glad to see you're smiling!

skinny-rabbit said...

I invited him to come with me to Montreal on Wednesday to meet Neenia, and when I take my next trip to Toronto, I will ask him to accompany me there as well.

artsmonkey said...

sex and the city has brainwashed us all!!