Monday, July 24, 2006

What's The Buzz (Jesus Christ Superstar)

What the eff? I don't understand what's happening with what-the-hell-is-happening-lovah. Things started out great the first two weeks, which ended with me spending the night and having a great time. Then I got my wisdom teeth out and spent the rest of the week alone, at home, understandably. But then once I recovered there was not much communication. I made a phone call on Friday afternoon from work to see what was going on for the weekend but received the answering machine. Not too long afterwards, lovah? walked into my work with a friend to get something to eat, not even seeming to care if I'd be there or not. But I was there, off shift, and sat with them, and all was ok. It was decided that I'd receive a phone call later that evening if he was available. The phone call never came. All weekend.

Tonight we're currently in a chat where this conversation has been occurring:

Me: so am I ever going to see you again? you know, not by accident?
Not me: you just killed my Sister Act soundtrack buzz
Me: that was my intention all along
Me: i was waiting for the right moment
Not me: anyway, probably
Me: just probably? not let's get together this week?
Not me: we could try to grab a coffee or go out on thursday?
Me: thursday night is do-able
Not me: gravy, on my mashed potatoes, gimme, gravy ...

Frustrating. Then this:

Not me: so, i seem to be sensing that you're actively unimpressed with me
Me: actively? not at all
Me: what do you talk?
Not me: my lack of availability
Me: i just have no idea if it's lack of availability or lack of wanting to see me
Me: there hasn't been much communication between us in the last couple of weeks
Not me: well, it's not specifically either a lack of availability or a lack of wanting to see you
Not me: i just have to see you in a friend capacity
Me: does that mean we won't be dating

It's been five minutes and there has been no reply to the question (maybe because I forgot the question mark). "I just have to see you in a friend capacity?" What the eff does that mean? Oh! A reply. Tell me what's a-happening.

Here we go:

Not me: i don't think things should move further in that direction. i really enjoy your company, but we're a bit too different to pull dating off successfully
Me: ok, that's fine. I just wanted to know

This is annoying because I had decided during my first week off that it was odd that I was not thinking about not-my-lovah all the time. Usually when I like someone they're all I think about and when I'm not around them it hurts. It didn't hurt. Still doesn't. I just wish I had called things off first, but my friends all told me he was too good to give up (but I don't like the way he dresses!).

The good news is that other people have expressed interest in me including a sexy silver fox, a recovering coke addict, and someone with a pool, so now I can play the field.

6 comments:

bedroomprince said...

Boys suck! No. That's not true. Or is it?

Lindsay said...

we still love you! i'll buy you a schwarma to make you feel better!

Warrior Princesse Alathariel said...

nice, go for the pool one and invite me over.

The ArtofBeingMe said...

Be very wary of the ex-coke addict.........i already had a frigthening dating experience with one of those. the italian.
then he turned back into a current coke addict. NOT good times.

Heroin, on the other hand, is fine.

(hopefully you know that was a joke)

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»