Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Movies Were Movies (Mack And Mabel)

I go through movie spurts. There will be a month where I'll go to the theatres to see like three movies a week, and then I'll never go to the movies again for another six months. It's not planned, it just usually works out that when I go, I go a lot. I'm currently in my dry spell.

I was just watching a documentary on blockbuster successes versus flops, and how there is no formula for a perfect film, it just happens or it doesn't. I realized watching all those clips that there are so many amazing movies I have not seen yet. The Godfather, Out Of Africa, Driving Miss Daisy, Close Encounters Of The Third Kind, The Way We Were, Jaws, Silence Of The Lambs, Shawshank Redemption, to name just a few. And then there are those brilliant movies that I have seen that I need to see again because I don't remember them. Taxi Driver, Harold and Maude, and others I can't think of right now.

I love watching movies. When I was in film school, I had a list of films I needed to see which grew everyday. Luckily, the video store which no longer exists was old school and offered this deal: rent five movies for six dollars for seven days. I bought myself a small tv with a built in vcr and watched a different movie every night. I need to do that again.

6 comments:

The ArtofBeingMe said...

I hear you!

I still have to see "Glitter", "Santa with muscles", and "3 ninja's: High Noon at Mega Mountain"

Lindsay said...

I'm going to rent "Annie Hall" tonight for the first time. So excited.

Warrior Princesse Alathariel said...

There's a 3 ninja's sequal??

Rocky loves Emily!

I like watching the same movies I love over and over. While eating chocolate.

The ArtofBeingMe said...

i do hope you all know that i was joking about above movies.

artsmonkey said...

your blog has inspired me to see what movies i can rent from the library.

Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»