Sunday, July 16, 2006

Summertime (Porgy And Bess)

...and the living is easy. I know I had some serious reservations about living in Ottawa. Yes, it has been extremely hard living under my parent's roof again, and not having easy access to independent and foreign films, stores that specialize in the sale of musical theatre cds, musical theatre karaoke, and good looking people with a sense of style and a sense of humour. But I have to say that this has actually turned out to be one of the best summers in recent history. I actually love going to work every day, because even though the money sucks, the people I work with are a lot of fun. I managed to get another musical under my belt, where I got a solo in which I got to sing jazz, and do my signature kicks, splits, and body rolls, and earned myself a whole new fan base. I'm in rehearsals for a short film in which I dance. And I've been going out more than ever. This city may have a shitty night life, but I've put that to the back of my mind have been enjoying the crappy drag shows and bad dancers. Oh, let's not forget the summer romance that's been blooming, however, after spending some time apart, I'm not too sure I want this to go anywhere. Plus, I've been kicking ass at paying my off my debt. As much as I just want to get to Vancouver already, I might have to postpone (once again) and wait until New Years. I'm confidant that I can be completely debt free if I wait until then. I think that's the smart thing to do. Actually, writing this all out just makes me miss Toronto. What the eff?

4 comments:

bedroomprince said...

Keep up the good work. Good things come to those who wait!

The ArtofBeingMe said...

ALBERT!!! I'm so proud of you!!!!!

HOORAY for summers that don't suck!

Warrior Princesse Alathariel said...

i'm gonna barf. stop paying off your loan and return to dysfunctionality. I miss you here, I'm all alone.

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»