Monday, July 24, 2006

We're Ok (Rent)

I might have sounded a little upset about the whole not-a-lovah thing, but I'm really not. I was totally not into not-a-lovah. Well, I was, but then I wasn't. During the week off I fell out of like. It's all good and we will remain friends. I'm actually very optimistic. I was smiling all day today, even when I told some friends about it. I feel so much lighter and happier. Just like I have nothing to think about now so my mind is clear. It's good. Plus I didn't like his friends. Let's talk about this, yes?

So first he met one of my girls, who is the funniest person alive and hot and we are funny and hot together, and he loved her too. Then he met my other girl whom he instantly fell in love with. Those are my two main girls here in Ottawa. Then I met his. She is unattractive and thinks she's hot. I'm not saying that to be mean, I'm saying it because it's true. She keeps saying she's fabulous and that she wants to be Karen from Will and Grace, but she tries way too hard. She's not funny, but she thinks she is. Again, I'm not saying this to be mean, I'm saying it because it's true. Anyway, his girl has an extra ticket to the Shakira concert and my girl (#2) really wanted to go so not-a-lovah had his girl add my girl to msn. So they chatted, his girl loved my girl (as she should) and agreed that they'd go out to dinner and see if they gel in person and then she could have the ticket. Fair enough. Let me add that these are tickets she got for free, and they asked my girl to pay for hers. Whatevs.

So time goes by and then I run into not-my-lovah and not-a-girl-we-like and she went into this rant about how my girl deleted her from msn and she's not working hard enough to get the ticket and that she should be kissing her ass because other people are interested in going. So I tell my girl who thinks this is crazy and didn't delete her from msn and said "Fuck this, I'm not groveling to someone I don't even know." So she went and bought her own ticket in a better section for the same price they were going to make her pay anyway.

My friends are amazing. Not-my-lovah's friends are not. I win.

I still think not-a-lovah is a good egg. We'll still be friends indeed. But a conversation came up once where he said that his friends want him to come to their gathering but he didn't want to go because they just want him to entertain them because they are boring. My respond was that I don't make friends that are less entertaining than me.

I don't spend time with people who are boring. I only like the company of people who are equal to or greater than my entertainment value. My friends are my teammates. Look at my track record. Who did I live with in Toronto? All very entertaining people? Who am I going to live with in Vancouver? A very entertaining person. And all these people are people who complement my entertainingness. Who are you? All entertaining and fabulous people. I love my friends because I chose them. I chose them because I love them.

Isn't it funny when you start to write a blog about one thing and then it becomes something else?

Steve, you're great... no you cut the paper plate.

6 comments:

Lindsay said...

did you cheat on mark a lot would you say?

we're ok.

Warrior Princesse Alathariel said...

I am honoured and giggly to be loved by one such as skinny-rabbit! I miss you!

The ArtofBeingMe said...

hahahahaha....you thought i was boring once. Boy were you wrong!!!! moi hahahaha

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»