Sunday, July 16, 2006

The Best Of Times (La Cage Aux Folles)

Yesterday, I threw a wedding shower (I am the maid of honour). It was a grand success. The theme was The Amazing Race. We held it at another friend's house. We had clues hidden all over her huge house and tasks such as making a wedding dress out of toilet paper, finding a picture of a celebrity groom (Matthew Broderick, Michael Douglas, Elvis Costello...) and later, match him with his bride (Sarah Jessica Parker, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Diana Krall...). I knew how large the house is and I knew the rear of the house opened onto a lake and they had a canoe (which we took advantage of), but I had never actually gone outside and explored just what a magnificent property she lives on! The house is a maze in itself, beautiful home, but you go down this pathway, past all these trees that make you feel like you're in the jungle, and end up at a dock and you feel like you're at a cottage. It's amazing that this is all right smack in the middle of the city. I never imagined it would be so fabulous. I'm thinking of moving in. How do you post pictures on this thing?















Oh, that's how.

6 comments:

The ArtofBeingMe said...

albert can you make me my own lake???

Lindsay said...

you're pretty. Yes, we do need to work on our long-distance relationship but I work at 3 on Thursday so it would only work if you came in the morning 'cause I'd have to leave you by 2. How do you feel about this?

Warrior Princesse Alathariel said...

that is wicked. can you be in my wedding party and throw me a party on a lake?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»