Thursday, June 29, 2006

This Is Not Over Yet (Parade)

Skinny-Rabbit vs. Mother Nature: Round 2

I woke up this morning to pouring rain and thunder. The time was just past 10:30, and I had a patio shift at 12. I called work to see what the status of the patio was and they told me that at this point there was no need for me to come to work as the patio would not be open. Just after 11, the rain cleared. I consulted The Weather Network to see if this would be a temporary break, and sure enough, the forecast called for thunder showers all afternoon, so I did not bother calling back. It is now just past 2pm and the sky is clear, and the birds are chirping. It's breezy, but still, no sign of rain.

You may have won this round, you bitch, but mark my words... THIS IS NOT OVER YET!

2 comments:

artsmonkey said...

dude, i was out in the rain for like two hours. i probably could have kissed this crazy guy who tried to stand under my umbrella - but i have some standards.

Lindsay said...

you're pretty.