Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Almost A Love Song (Victor/Victoria)

My intention was to go for a walk in the rain, but by the time I got there (at approximately 1:10am), the rain had long stopped. We went for a walk anyway. Along the canal. As much as I hate Ottawa, I think the canal is magnificent. We took a stroll in the dark and had good conversation. It constantly flowing, never awkward. My date is incredibly funny, fantastically intelligent, completely interesting (and kind of/sort of resembles in a not so obvious way that Charlie Brown director.) I wish I had felt more chemistry. It felt like two friends taking a stroll, which was nice, but I wish I had felt more chemistry. The walk came to an end and we went back home, and I didn't lean in for - or expect a - goodnight kiss. An invitation up to the apartment was thrown out there, but neither us knew if it should have been accepted or not, so I just left it at that and went home.

We reconnected online (still chatting right now) and here is some snippet of that:

Me: "so that was nice. i kind of wish i had worn a hat."
Not me: "you're adorable"
Not me: "i wanted to wrap you up and steal you"
Me: "you lie"
Not me: "not even a little"

Not me: "i cried a bit on the inside when you said you're going right back to vancouver"

Not me: "i should have kissed you, but i didn't want you to feel uncomfortable"

Not me: "did i mention to you my addiction to pancakes?"

Not me: "you should probably mention if i was attractive in person"
Me: "you are attractive in person"

So I'm definitely going to give this another shot. Did I mention one of us is a Libra and the other is an Aquarius, and those happen to be two very compatible signs. And, AND! Neuroses alert! Not me can't deal with fog on windows AND has a thing about things that hop (frogs, bunnies, grasshoppers!) How perfect is that!

What's not perfect is the fact it has JUST started raining again. So basically that bitch Mother Nature really didn't want me to live out my dream of taking a romantic walk in the rain. I KNOW I would have been kissed had rain been involved.

5 comments:

Warrior Princesse Alathariel said...

It's true, I got kissed in the rain. She's clearly a homophobe.

Warrior Princesse Alathariel said...

skinny rabbit, that sounds like so much fun! don't rush, this is one of the best parts!!!

artsmonkey said...

closest i got was kissing in the snow. i had the perfect rain makeout opportunity once, but the dude was being a moody bitch b/c it was raining... i was like... um...hello!!! do you even watch romantic movies????

skinny-rabbit said...

Forcast calls for rain all week so this is not over yet Mutha Natchah! I'll get mine yet!

artsmonkey said...

check out my neenia link dude!