Monday, June 26, 2006

Then You May Take Me To the Fair (Camelot)

I just had a very stimulating conversation with a total cutie whom I met online tonight. I'm not going to make anything of this yet, but it was a GREAT conversation. Here's a sample or two:

Not me: "so, what is it that you have 3 days off from"
Me: "work"
Me: "well, it's 2 days now"
Not me: "i see you pride yourself on the precision of your responses."

Not me: "your pics seem to indicate a general degree of cuteness. at least from msn's prescriptive pic-size."
Me: "yes, there is quite a bit of adorable to me"

Not me: "what is a Victor?"
Me: "Long story (ish). I just wrapped a show called Victor/Victoria, and they gave out funny little awards at the banquet. The prize was the Victor (like the Oscar), which was an Olsen Twins doll dressed in a tux (because the show is about a woman who pretends she's a man pretending to be a woman)"
Not me: "sounds whimsically witty"
Not me: "discuss: "wrapped a show""
Me: "I was in a show. It closed. The run ended. We all stopped going to the theatre to do the show."
Not me: "A-"

Me: "but in all seriousness, yes, I've graduated from theatre school in Toronto about 2 years ago, and I also completed a screenwriting program at film school. And I only have one leg."
Not me: "see, that was incredible. now i have no clue whether you only have one leg or not. i'm upping the A- to an A"

Not me: "my computer and i have strained relations"

Not me: "you'll always have my respect though -- following the arts, is to follow a dream. and takes courage"

Me: "but I will answer that with: Move to Vancouver"
Not me: "oooh, fun. i have a friend there. and i was considering UBC for some post-grad work. a marvellous lil' place. indeed. indeeeeed."
Me: "definitely. go. if only because I will be there."
Not me: "can we make sweet love amongst the discarded needles on hastings?"
Me: "that's the idea"
Not me: "yay for increasingly risky behaviour!"

Me: "do you dance?"
Not me: "almost all the time"
Me: "are you good at it?"
Not me: "yes"
Me: "your own opinion, or so you're told"
Not me: "told. and opinion -- i'm not a palm tree swaying in the breeze on the dancefloor. you know the type"

Me: "Before you go I should thank you for a stimulating conversation. One in which both parties typed in complete sentences with no abbreviations. And one in which the topic only turned to sex when dirty needles were involved."
Not me: "LOL you are very welcome. i thoroughly enjoyed chatting with you. i hope to find you as interesting in person"
Me: "I'm not."

Cute? Pics are cute too. I know I was disappointed with the last interesting online conversation I had, but this one was even more stimulating and there was a sense of humour there that is a rare find when chatting with a new person. Just in case, though, I ain't not gonna get any hopes up.

5 comments:

bedroomprince said...

I want to be in love. If only online like you seem to be... Go see the movie Paris, Je T'aime.

skinny-rabbit said...

Not in love. Definitely not in love.

Warrior Princesse Alathariel said...

you are so cute. There are a lot of different kinds of love!

Those were some excellent snippits of conversation! Why don't we talk like that?

skinny-rabbit said...

Yes but this is not any kind of love. I just get excited when I have really good conversations with strangers. I refuse to feel any kind of love until I meet someone face to face.

bedroomprince said...

In my previous comment, it would have been more apt of me to use the word smitten where I used the word love.