Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Why God Why? (Miss Saigon)

You know who I think is funny? Jesus freaks. Now let me first say that I believe in God and I pray sometimes and I want to go to Heaven and all that good stuff. But I just don't understand the Jesus freaks.

The girl who's playing Belle was talking to someone next to me and I could not take my eyes off of her lanyard which had "I LOVE JESUS" written all over it. I was laughing in my head because I kept thinking I want one of those because it's a funny thing to have. I found out that she, Mrs. Potts and Lefou are all churchies who talk about God and Jesus all the time. The funny thing is that Lefou is totally gay but can't come out of the closet or else God will get mad at him. Mrs. Potts looks exactly like Kristen Chenoweth (I'll try to take a picture) and she seems like a really cool chick, so it's kind of disappointing that I might be judged by her in a few weeks when she finds out what a wack job I am. And Belle, oh that Belle. She's a great singer, let me tell you. But I don't know about her. On the very first day of rehearsal, she was catching up with someone who asked "What's new with you?" to which she responded "I have a boyfriend. Wanna see a picture?" And then pulled out a stack of photos of this guy she met three months ago who's in the army or something and is currently away and they are going to get married and have babies when she's 26. Weird? Yeah, kinda. Ah, Jesus freaks.

2 comments:

The ArtofBeingMe said...

Jesus freaks actually kind of frighten me. They're kind of cult like and i don't like that one bit.

Warrior Princesse Alathariel said...

don't get me started on the Jesus freaks. unless you want some hilariously awesome stories.