Saturday, September 23, 2006

What's Wrong With That? (Rags)

Is it bad that I absolutely love off-colour, offensive, even downright racist humour? I don't think it's bad. I think it's funny. I love when my Asian friends tell Asian jokes ("Suplise!"), and I love telling the interracial couple at work that they're breaking the laws of God, and I love telling the black guy at work that "it's because he's black." What I love most about it is that most of the people I've come into contact with lately also think it's funny, regardless of their background. I think the more society dwells on racial issues the more racial issues will be... well, an issue. I don't believe in black history month, and I don't believe in gay pride. But I do believe in black history and I do believe in non-self-loathing gay people. I just tend to think that isolating your group and claiming a month or a week to yourself means that the rest of the year everyone's kind of free to not accept you. If we keep talking about the problem, is the problem ever going to go away? I hate Oprah. Not because she's black, not because she's a woman, and not because she's a black woman, but because I hate that she is so self righteous about everything. I love Sarah Silverman because she's as offensive as can be and says what we're all thinking, even though we weren't actually thinking it. If you want to hear some fucking hilarious quotes of hers, ask Alathariel. I'm not sure if this blog has any structure, but I felt like writing this shit. I guess I'm just trying to say that everytime someone laughs at something offensive, the world becomes a better place.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

"everyone's a little bit racist sometimes..."

Warrior Princesse Alathariel said...

My brother had a good friend who used to say: "it's because I'm black, isn't it?" and it used to make people a little uncomfortable and say "no..."

When I heard it, I laughed and said "yup."

But he's half black and half white. One time he said that around his white mother and she said "Would you stop saying that? You're not even black! You're GRAY!"