Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Never Try To Bind Me (The Vagabond King)

I kept telling my father that I'll speak to him the way he speaks to his family. He doesn't listen and constantly blows up at me for treating him with the same respect he shows me. So now I don't talk to him at all except to tell him not to talk to me. This morning he told me to go to Hell.

My mother passed along some words from my uncle in Mexico tonight regarding my sexuality. I should be very careful and watch myself, and that I should never tell anyone. Sometimes, and I guess I am going to Hell now for thinking this, but I sometimes can't wait for them to die so that I no longer have to worry about what they think. I hate living under them that much. I'm an awful human being. But unsupportive parents equals better off on my own.

My sister is flying in from Hong Kong tomorrow and my brother gave his girlfriend the ring.

This is going to be an interesting Christmas holiday.

5 comments:

The ArtofBeingMe said...

wait, i thought you told them?

oh albert, i'm sorry. My dad blows up a lot too....maybe you should try to just be the bigger guy and treat him with respect instead of waiting for him to have the same courtesy with you. and if that doesn't work, then ignore him. he's your father, after all, and you know he loves you unconditionally. also, just know that when you finally move away from living with them for good your relationship can only be better.

artsmonkey said...

i wish you a merry christmas... if that helps.

Lindsay said...

you could do what i do. move out and hardly visit or call. when i stick to this plan my mother and i have a great relationship.

skinny-rabbit said...

Interesting suggestion Pantsy. I should take your advice but I'm not mature enough to be the bigger man. I'm way to impatient and angry. Thank you Monkey. The entire time I was in Toronto I barely visited or called my parents. Doesn't help. At least not with my parents. I'm a terrible son.

The ArtofBeingMe said...

you're not a terrible son. don't beat yourself up. these things happen when you live with your parents past the age of already having discovered your own independence and way of life... they conflict. it doesn't work, i know. maybe you should just buy them a nice xmas present and write a nice card....that way you don't have to actually say anything. i'm bad at the talking but much better at the giving gifts and writing a little thoughtful note. they appreciate those kind of things.