Friday, December 08, 2006

Comedy Tonight (A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Forum)

A friend of mine is sleeping with a famous Toronto comedian who comes to town every now and then, so we went to a comedy club tonight to check out his act. Before he went on, I asked him if I heckled him, if he could call me a nigger. I think he likes me. Anyway, while watching all these comedians go up there to do their schtick, all I could do was write my own material. It's weird, how when I watch a movie or a theatrical production of sorts, no matter how brilliant it is, actually especially if it's brilliant and inspiring, my mind always manages to wander to my career and my potential. So tonight, I decided that as soon as I have the time, I'm going to check out an amateur night and hit it up the next week. I've got a great bit about poo that the audience is just going to LOVE!

(*side note*, I one time saw a movie that was truly terrible, but so terrible that it was upsetting. I walked out of the theatre realizing that my mind never once wandered. It was not inspiring.)

3 comments:

Warrior Princesse Alathariel said...

I cry so much when I see the "making of" special feature of any movie.

I just want to be a part of it! I'm sick of being in the audience! Here's to BEING ON THE STAGE!

Lindsay said...

Here Here!

The ArtofBeingMe said...

cheers to that!