Sunday, July 13, 2008

What Happens To Life (The Me Nobody Knows)

Welcome to my 200th blog!!!!!

I have so much to blog about. All my thoughts can make up seven different blogs, but I'll try my best to condense all thoughts to this single one.

I had the most amazing of times in New York. The most amazing of times in New York. Amazing of times in New York.

Highlights:

Seeing Patti LuPone in Gypsy. Seeing Roger Bart, Andrea Martin, Sutton Foster, Megan Mullaly in Young Frankenstein, but hating the show. Seeing Jane Krakowski, Sean Hayes and "Get out of here" Cheyenne Jackson in Damn Yankees, but not digging that Jane had to do Gwen Verdon's original Bob Fosse choreography. It just didn't work. Seeing Passing Strange and wanting to call my mother afterwards. Jerry O'Connell following me during intermission and Rebecca Romijn standing behind me. Spike Lee was also in the audience. Seeing Kerry Butler and Mary Testa in Xanadu. Seeing In The Heights and shitting my pants because it was so amazing. It's been a million years since I've shed a tear and yet that show somehow melted my black heart. I bawled my eyes out. Bawled. Melanie Griffith followed me outside at intermission and when she took her seat before Act II the whole audience went camera happy and annoying. Seeing [title of show] twice and again for a preview performance in Bryant Park right before catching my plane outta there. Meeting them all. Being there for the first night of previews was an experience none of us will ever forget and was well worth the time and money. Scooter taking me back to his place and showing me where Ethan Hawke lives and nothing happening between us, but being ok with that. Walking Joey in Washington Heights. Talking theatre with my hostess. Hanging out with my old roomie, but not enough. Reading Sedaris in Central Park. Learning Ann Reinking's original choreography for her dance solo in Fosse's Dancin' and being sore for three days from the six consecutive hitch-kick/laybacks.

It's amazing. Every time I go to New York I feel like I'm home. Like I belong there. Like I need to move there immediately. This trip, however, I was completely inspired but in a different way. I think I must be maturing or something, because I spent every minute in NYC reflecting and being inspired and coming to terms with the fact that my career has to start now and it has to happen in Toronto. I miss ya'll. I say ya'll a lot nowadays.

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

Me too with the "ya'll." It's [titleofshow].
You have to move to New York because I need a place to stay when I visit.

artsmonkey said...

i need to live in new york next... i think.

Warrior Princesse Alathariel said...

Don't you like knowing deep down what you're supposed to do? it feels good, doesn't it?

do it.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Yes exactly, in some moments I can say that I jibe consent to with you, but you may be considering other options.
to the article there is still a definitely as you did in the go over like a lead balloon a fall in love with issue of this solicitation www.google.com/ie?as_q=lyrics buh bye ?
I noticed the catch-phrase you have in the offing not used. Or you partake of the pitch-dark methods of development of the resource. I have a week and do necheg