Monday, July 28, 2008

I Should Tell You (Rent)

Ok, wait, I need you to know that I did not say everything I wanted to say in the last blog. In fact I don't believe I ever even got to my real dilemma. The problem isn't so much that I don't have time to view and read all that I want to view and read. The problem is that I tell myself that I don't have the time to view and read these things, so then when I do view and read, it feels like a chore, something I need to cross off my list, so I don't end up enjoying it. Barrell Fever is a collection of very funny stories that I read quickly. I didn't really take anything it. Thinking back on it, it would be hard to quote because I wasn't really paying attention. I was just turning pages because my eyes got to the bottom of the second page before my brain did. I've been watching Season 2 of The Muppets but I can't tell you who guest starred because I wasn't really watching it, I starred at the screen until the episodes were over. I don't like this way of experiencing art. I want to enjoy it! I don't want to just be able to say that I saw or read it. This is so gay.

2 comments:

Warrior Princesse Alathariel said...

I have the feeling of always trying to catch up. It's never going to happen, you'll never catch up. Don't watch or read something just because you want the information in your head or crossed off your list, watch or read what you want when you want to!

You need the right friends with which to watch/read these things.

artsmonkey said...

dont give into the pressure of 'should'