Monday, July 28, 2008

Her Name Is Aurora (Kiss Of The Spider Woman)

I went to a two year old's birthday party today. I was surrounded by babies. Some of their names were Ella, Frederick (ok, not too bad so far), Riley, Colton, Skye, Dayton, and Phoenix. I felt like I was in a soap opera. There were many other babies around but I was afraid to learn their names. I was worried they might be Chasity, Essence, Aroma, Tablecloth, Mississauga. Parents today are absurd. I get the whole "I want my baby to have an original name" thing, but are any of these people thinking about how their children are going to feel when they walk into a gift shop and don't see their names on a novelty key chain? They will, however, always find their name on a map or listed in the ingredients of a perfume bottle.

4 comments:

Warrior Princesse Alathariel said...

I think I'll name mine Olivia. It means Elf Army. Awesome.

Though, Tablecloth sounds appealing.

Lindsay said...

I'm so tired of "original" baby names. I'm also really tired of hearing about celebrities and their babies and who's pregnant and blah blah blah. Who cares.
The girls I'm looking after in Switzerland are named Jessica, Kiana and Sydney. Sydney sounds like a dog.

bedroomprince said...

They made awful names illegal in New Zealand. One kid was named Talluah does the Hullah in Hawaii or something like that.
That's gross.

artsmonkey said...

bahahahaha.
love it.