Monday, February 05, 2007

Choose To Be Happy (Grey Gardens)

I am SO not jumping on this "I'm depressed" bandwagon. Especially if we're blaming it on the weather. Fuck that. Snow is a miracle. I love it when it's cold outside. We get to bundle up, get red cheeks and noses, look fabulous in lovely sweaters, and then come home, put on our sweats and curl up in a warm blanket and watch TV. I'll take this weather over sweating for no reason in the hot summer days.

Stop being depressed! You live in New York/Switzerland/Toronto! You have a boyfriend! You're having sex! You're in a play! You're directing a play! You're hot! You have good friends! You have me!

*I wrote the title of this blog and then wrote the blog and edited it. When I looked back up at the title just before publishing it, I saw that it read "Choose To Be Busy." Is that my brain telling me to stop being lazy?

3 comments:

Warrior Princesse Alathariel said...

Good plan, thanks skinny.

Lindsay said...

FINE. But I will not participate in the loving winter and being cold happiness. Winter can lick me. Actually it can't because then my vagina would be cold. Winter can just stay away from me altogether.

artsmonkey said...

yeah. you're right. my depression seems to have passed. thanks for the kick in the ass. however, i agree with the neenia regarding the cold.