Saturday, January 13, 2007

My New Philosophy (You're A Good Man, Charlie Brown)

It all began two years ago when my girl at work kept coming up to me and telling me that my boss wanted to see me in her office. She pulled this so often that it got to the point where I would just respond with a calm, cool, monotone "Ok. Perfect."

Now that we work together at the same restaurant again, but in Ottawa, it has become more. We've begun following up anything the other person says with the same unfazed "Ok. Perfect." Other variations include "Ok. Great." "Ok. Fantastic." "If you could just sign here..."

We've been doing this so much that it's actually crept into everyday conversation with other people, and is now pretty much a way of life. I'll drop salsa all over myself in front of customers at work and say "Ok. Perfect." Then move on. I'll be driving and a car will almost hit me but I'll swerve at the last minute avoiding a near-fatal collision and say "Ok. Great. Perfect."

The beauty of it is that it takes all the pressure off of a stressful situation. Just say those words as if they mean nothing and they'll mean so much. It's all good in the hood. Nothing to worry about. Life goes on. Perfect. If you could just sign here...

3 comments:

The ArtofBeingMe said...

I LIKE it!!!

Warrior Princesse Alathariel said...

That's a good philosophy...

Lindsay said...

Ok. Perfect.