Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Hear My Song (Songs For A New World)

My voice is tired. So am I. Me thinks it's time to get back into singing lessons.

Why am I such a lazy bastard? I believe in myself, right? I have total confidence in my abilities, don't I? If I think I'm so great then how come I never submit myself for anything? A friend of mine who works for Stephanie Gorin told me to send my package and request an audition for the boss's grandson in Dirty Dancing. That was like two weeks ago and I've done nothing. A big part of this, and the same reason I never pursued an audition for We Will Rock You, and countless other open calls, is because I actually don't believe I'd get it. I have to sort out my priorities. Do I actually want to be a musical theatre performer? I'm thinking I should forget that dream and go fuck some shit up in the film world (but am I even a film actor?). I'm tired.

I'm also trying to break my five-year-plus writer's block. I just made the connection as I wrote that, that I recently just picked up a book that I dropped around the time I stopped writing. Maybe that's a sign. If I can finish the book, maybe then I can start writing again.

3 comments:

Warrior Princesse Alathariel said...

amen.

The ArtofBeingMe said...

YES. i agree. I haven't touched this play I've been working on in months but for some reason, now that i'm reading 'fast food nation' again i want to write again. it's finding those subtle inspirations. or something.

Lindsay said...

i did the exact same thing for the dirty dancing audition. par for the course with me.