Thursday, January 04, 2007

I'm Not That Girl (Wicked)

I'm obsessed with Miranda. I want to be her so badly. I keep finding myself in her. I was watching the episodes when she first meets Steve. He playfully comes on to her, she's a bitch to him, they go to bed together, she's a bitch to him, he loves it... There's this guy who kept wanting to get with me and I was the biggest asshole to him. I kept rejecting him, and he kept persisting, no matter how mean I was to him, he knew I saw in me what Steve saw in Miranda. I finally agreed to meet him and we made out and it was nice but he was ugly and had bad teeth. But his personality was totally cute and Steve-like. I kept cutting him down and he smiled the whole way through, just like Miranda does. Now he keeps texting me and I don't return the texts, but he doesn't seem to be giving up on me. Maybe he thinks we'll have a baby after he gets testicular cancer and then get married in Season 6 and move to Brooklyn. Maybe.

My friend who's dating five guys is after this new guy named Steve, who's a bartender at the Royal Oak. We keep going in to see him and there's this short-haired redhead who works with him and we call her Miranda, and he's totally Steve.

I'm not only obsessed with Miranda, I'm obsessed with the entire show. I have two friends who have kept their hair long their entire lives and have recently cut their hair short. I call them both Season 5 Carrie.

I need to stop. Someone please come take away my DVDs. Is there a 12-step program for people like me? Someone please! I'm BEGGING YOU!

8 comments:

Warrior Princesse Alathariel said...

Step one: turn off Sex
Step two: turn on the Muppet Show
Step three: watch Golden Girls

done.

Lindsay said...

why would you want to stop????

i've been re-watching the seasons too and i don't want to stop. it's perfect, they're perfect, we're perfect together. i love Carrie. in the i-want-to-emulate-my-life-after-hers kind of way. it's sick. but i'm ok with it.

skinny-rabbit said...

I totally see you in Carrie. Like literally, she'll say things or give certain looks that remind me sooo much of you and I think that you could have played her easily.

Lindsay said...

let's film our own sex and the city episode, me as carrie, you as miranda...hahahaaha. but, seriously.

The ArtofBeingMe said...

can i be samantha?

oh and by the way, you should think about purchasing the muppet show dvds. we gave them to my dad for xmas and i'm thoroughly entertained. there are some AWFUL celebrity guests from the 70's who are mostly musical theatre performers. oh dear, it's hilarious.
go, go now and watch.

skinny-rabbit said...

Sure, you can be Sam.

I already own the Muppet Show DVD! Rita Moreno was my FAVOURITE! Did you know she won an Emmy for that episode?

I can't help but notice you pluralized DVD. Is season two on DVD?

The ArtofBeingMe said...

no, the first season has four dvds. hence DVD being pluralised. but you already knew that.
sorry, i didn't mean to get you excited.I'm waiting, not so patiently, for season 2.

skinny-rabbit said...

I heard they are not going put out the rest of the seasons. I am pissed. PISSED.