Saturday, April 11, 2009

Push Da Button (The Colour Purple)

I like going home to Ottawa.  I've already returned to Ottawa about four times since I left two and a half months ago.  It's good to return and see all my friends and sleep in my bed with my Madonna posters from the early 90s starring down at me, and my framed Michelle Pfeiffer magazine covers hanging on my wall greeting me with open arms.  It's nice to know that I can go back and forth between O Town and the T Dot and be able to just slip back into either lifestyle as though I had never left.

On a completely separate note, every time I mention Languages Boy to anyone, I downplay how I feel about him.  I'm very aware that I'm sabotaging our relationship before it becomes anything.  I'm going to stop doing that.  I'm going to stop thinking about seeing other people and just enjoy the boy sleeping in my bed.  I will not find reasons to doubt what I am doing with him.  I do like him.  I need to just enjoy him and us.  Now to go back to Toronto on Tuesday with this new attitude...

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

I'm gonna to need you to start embracing spell-check again.

skinny-rabbit said...

haha, oops.

artsmonkey said...

you like a boy. i like that. of course you'll try to sabatoge it every once in a while. or like, all the time. that's what we do. us freakish, over thinking blogger types.

Warrior Princesse Alathariel said...

Don't sabotage! Have fun! If it ends one day whether or not that's a good or bad thing, you'll feel better if you were in it and having fun the whole time rather than never giving over to it.

Look at me all preachy.

I just want you to be happy.