Wednesday, March 21, 2007

They Say It's Wonderful (Annie Get Your Gun)

I blogged about this a few months ago, just before I decided to start dating myself, but I'll say it again because the feelings are back. I'm lonely. I'm ready to be in a relationship. I see so many great people in great relationships and I can't seem to ever meet anyone that I like who likes me. It's always the other way around. I can have any guy (or fag hag) in town as long as I'm not attracted to them. That's not fair. It's kind of depressing. It may also be my fault since I never really put myself out there. I always tell my lovelorn friends that when they stop looking for love it'll find them. And I'm always right about them. I haven't been looking at all. Why hasn't it found me yet?! I'M NOT LOOKING! FIND ME! LOVE?! I flirted with a hot black guy a couple of weeks ago, so I guess that's progress.

I'm so longing for that perfect companion that it's hard for me to watch good tv shows because I end up falling in love with the characters. I watched two seasons of Entourage and fell in love with Vincent Chase. Watching the show was unbearable because I could not stop imagining him gazing at me with his beautiful green eyes, kissing me with those lovely lips that form a winning smile, and running my hands all over his perfectly average naked body. Then I moved on to Tales Of The City and fell hard for the recast Michael in the second part of the miniseries. With his dark curly hair, piercing blue eyes, honest smile and gorgeous hairy chest... I was checking out the actor's bio and found out he lives in Montreal, but when I read that he's from Ottawa my heart went a-flutter. Is that weird? I just started Grey's Anatomy season one and am trying not to kill myself over McDreamy. And don't get me started on all the Sex And The City guys, especially Steve.

I think I may need to meet real people.

3 comments:

artsmonkey said...

sometimes real people arent so imperfectly perfect as the ones on tv. i think that's why it's harder to let them in. plus - real people are scary.

Lindsay said...

just wait 'til you see McSteamy.

Anonymous said...

Steve was pretty awesome.. especially when they get together the second time - the shitty speech - the do friends kiss here speech. yay.

I actually have quite the crush on Steve Carell in Little Miss Sunshine. So I'm far worse off then you. Because he's fictional, and even in my fictional crushes they turn out to be gay.