Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Sorry-Grateful (Company)

It's not barely noon and I'm not even out of bed and already my morning has brought on a rollercoaster of emotions.  Last night was my first night of choreography.  I'm really not that good at communicating what I want.  I say things like "and then we do this kind of move..." which demonstrating badly.  And I just keep adding on, faster than a proper choreographer would.  But somehow everyone picked it up.  And once my assistant was done cleaning them up and drilling it, it was fucking amazing.  I think this is going to work out just fine.  I can't wait to get in there and finish the number tonight.

So this morning I call work to see if they need me and they do but they don't so I opt out because, although I need the money, I'm starting to get sick and I have to work on tonight's choreography.  Yay, I get to sleep in.  I'll just check facebook on my laptop now.  Ooh!  What's this?  A message from Heidi Blickenstaff?  The Heidi Blickenstaff of [title of show] fame?!  You see, I may not have mentioned this before, but the last time I met Heidi at the stage door I told her that I choreographed a number to her song.  She was super pumped and told me to film it for her, so I did.  On Sunday.  And I sent it to her.  And this morning, she sent me this message:

SKINNY!

I love it!!!! Seriously, I LOVE IT!!! I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around it all... When I first watched it, I was just enjoying the choreography and you guys dancing and that was taking me back to my dancing days, and then it hit me that you were dancing to MY SONG and I had to pick my jaw up off the floor.

Love it that you did that. And filmed it for me. Thank you so much!!!

And I'm also so glad that you're connecting to [tos]. I am very familiar with the poo vampire. I fight that guy on a daily basis. You're not alone. I'm telling you, the key is doing what you love and eventually you'll figure out how to turn that into a living...

All the VERY best to you. I look forward to giving you a big hug at the stage door next time you come. Thanks again, Nick...

xo,
hb


O!  M!  G!  So as you can tell I'm pretty effing happy.  But then...

... I get a text message from one of my favourite people.  Bad news.  It may be divorce time.  I'm dying.  Do good things never last?  She's a wreck.  I'm dying for her.  

Then another message from Heidi comes, telling me to check out the [title of show] blog.  I do.   You should too.  www.titleofshow.com/blog

And I'm happy again.

More texting.  Sad again.

Why can't life just be good stuff.  The bad stuff sucks, so why does it happen?  Me no likey.  It's so bizarre that I was experiencing such an extreme high and suck and extreme low at the exact same time.  It's just wrong.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Fucking AWESOME. The blog and message from Heidi, obviously; not the friend's divorce. That's sad. However, it's all the rage these days so not really surprising.

Was that cold? Meh. It's true.

Seriously though, that's amazing. You rule!