Friday, September 05, 2008

Get Me Out (Buttrio Square)

My first night of choreography is Monday night.  I've scheduled the biggest number first.  There She Goes/Fame.  Is it too late to back out?  I have no idea what I've gotten myself into.  I don't want to do this anymore.  We haven't even had our first rehearsal yet and already I'm thinking about what I will be doing after the show's over.  I'm already looking at apartments in Toronto and jobs in New York and auditions in Montreal and thinking up comedy for my stand-up and researching agents.  Every time I think about the show I should be focusing on now, I shit my pants because I have to choreograph not one, not two, but three pas de deux, plus a whole ballet class where they are going over adagios (what the hell is an adagio?).  There is so much salsa music in this show, it's ridiculous.  Not to mention that huge Flamenco number.  I have no salsa or ballet background, I have no idea where to start.  I've been looking up salsa technique videos on addicted2salsa.com and every time the video loads I go poo or watch an episode of Swingtown.  I need help.  And by help I mean I need someone to choreograph this mother fucker for me, please.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Ride that monkey speedboat, baby.
You'll choreograph a fabulous musial. Have you met yourself? Please.

I know what you mean about already thinking about the next thing. The minute I decided to go to Switzerland I started thinking about what I was going to do after it was over. Right now, that's all I can think about.

Lindsay said...

Musical, not musial. Ugh.