Tuesday, March 11, 2008

I've Got To Be Around (Mr. President)

Hey there mutha fuckas! Wait, what the hell am I doing here? I thought I had vowed to, like, never blog again. Seriously, this shit's been boring. No one's really offered anything interesting to read lately. Same ol', same ol'. But I'm sitting here on this train and I've paid a fee to use the wireless internet and I can only do so much facebooking and [titleofshow]ing. And I've got a lot to say so let's get this blog moving.

It's been a while, hey? So what's new with me? Oh, wouldn't you like to know! Life's really good and I'm super happy with me right now. I've gotten a lot of things off my chest, and now I'm kind of in a place of not caring. I'm leaving Toronto in two months and it's a shift I'm seriously looking forward to. Even though I kind of have mixed feelings about it. I've had a paying acting gig since last December which is coming to a close in a month. That's kind of sad, but also really good cause it means I won't have to wake up before the sun comes up anymore! And I won't have to speak french anymore! Phew! I've been doing and planning some cabarets and that's totally hot. Everything's been going really well. I've kind of mentally shelved my documentary idea. I'm not motivated enough to get it off the ground.

I kind of don't want to leave Toronto because I've been having a lot of fun, I love my job, I love my friends, I LOVE my friends, and I feel like things are finally starting to happen for me. I want my own one bedroom apartment at Yonge and Davisville again! I have to keep reminding myself to stay patient. I can have all that when I get back. I need new headshots. I want to do the Second City conservatory. I want to be hot shit.

I really do not want to live with my parents again. I really really don't. But the money I can save.... oh the money! I spent the night in Ottawa last night. I went to see a production of Millie that my friends were in. It was so good to see them all. I miss all my Ottawa friends as much as I love my Toronto friends. It's kind of an amazing feeling knowing that I have such great people in my life in two different cities (and I'm not even counting Vancouver, New York and Tampico). It's as if I can live anywhere and be comfortable. And I can. As much as I don't like living in Ottawa, I love it. What? I'm a contradiction, people, stay with me.

I'm super looking forward to choreographing Fame next fall. I have no idea what I'm doing and I'm so not a choroegrapher, but everyone is so behind me and so excited that I'm doing it. I like that. Thanks, people. I had my standup debut on Sunday night (thanks ArtsMonkey!), and I'm pretty sure it rocked. I'm definitely going to start hitting up a couple of amateur nights in Toronto and Ottawa. I'm going to make comedy my main focus when I go to Ottawa, before Fame starts. I like making these plans for myself, even if I may not follow through with them. I like to have something to look forward to.

I have a turkey and cheese sandwhich sitting next to me that I bought two hours ago. I'm hungry, but I don't want to eat it. It's on brown. I was asked if I wanted mayo or mustard and I said no. I did want mayo. I sometimes say things to uncomplicate situations, even if the situation wouldn't have been complicated.

I'm also lucky to have such great partners in crime. I love singing [titleofshow] with Neenia and PA. I'm happy that people love "Nick and Claire Doin' Stuff" as much as they love "Nicky and Rhoda," "Albert and Wanda," and "Automn and Rima." I'm surrounded by greatness and it makes me a better person and artist.

I'm totally digging my life right now, dispite the shit. I'm not even thinking about the shit cause the shit is shit.

I've been reading the [titleofshow] blogs (which I've added to my links!) and watching all their videos. Seriously, if you haven't watched all their videos, you should, cause there is some amazingness there that you never knew you never knew. I wish they were my friends also. They've kind of inspired me to blog. Did you know that they started their blog back in June of 2005?! Before they hit off-broadway and before they even wrote Nine People's Favourite Thing! I haven't figured out the timeline, but they probably started it after the festival.

So am I back? Is that the question? I guess I'm going to need support from you freaks when I'm in O Town again. Blogging in Ottawa gave me a great comfort once. I hope it will again.

3 comments:

Warrior Princesse Alathariel said...

thanks for blogging! don't insult our blogs. they're insights into our souls! you'll totally need this (and so will i!) when you're in the o dot!

Lindsay said...

Yes, keep blogging. Even blogs about "nothing" are still good blogs to read 'cause it's YOU writing about yourself and your life and we like to hear about you and your life 'cause we like you. Keep it up!

artsmonkey said...

no blog dissing! respect the circle! (including your own blog)