Monday, November 05, 2007

Could It Be You? (Something For The Boys)

I had an appointment at the chiropodist about two weeks ago, a follow-up to an appointment I had two months earlier. The doctor engaged me in conversation of things we had talked about when he first met me. Namely that I am an actor. So we talked about an actor's life and he mentioned a friend of his who might be just a bit younger than me who does Stratford, as well as living downtown versus living at Yonge and Davisville. As I sat there in this chair at Yonge and Davisville, having a nice and perfectly comfortable conversation with this young doctor touching my feet (a most intimate thing as I have issues with my feet and keep my socks on when I go to bed with people), and I started imagining my life with this man. I'd be living at Yonge and Davisville with my doctor boyfriend who takes me out to dinner with his rich and normal friends and he'd fully support my pursuit of my career. Even though he isn't very attractive, I would love him anyway. I have absolutely no interest in this man other than the fact that I like the life he could give me. He's probably not gay. I left the office feeling nice.

Some guy thinks I'm cute so I gave him my number. He's not really my type. I'm open to dating outside of my type, but this guy has facial mannerisms of someone I seriously dislike. But I gave him my number anyway and we had some non-awkward phone conversations, which was sometihng I was worried about. We went out and it was actually really good. I was at times able to forget that he reminded me of someone I don't like. We conversed easily. We even had a nice good night kiss. I know he's super duper into me, but I don't know if I feel the same. I'd definitely go out with him again, but I didn't feel much excitment. I wonder if it will come, and if it doesn't, I have no idea how to tell someone I'm not interested.

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

You keep your socks on while getting sexual? That's so not sexy! What is your issue with feet?

artsmonkey said...

neither do i... i don't really know the rules of dating either...

Warrior Princesse Alathariel said...

hahaha I didn't know you had an issue with feet! remember how you call me weird?