Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Use What You've Got (The Life)

One of my friends was on a road trip with two guys from work, and she asked them the same question she asks every guy she meets: "Do you shave your balls?" The answer surprised and disgusted her, and also me. Not only do they both shave their balls... and pubic hair, but they shave their entire body from face to toe. This sparked a lengthy conversation at work between me and the girls over which we prefer: hairy or hairless. Only a couple of us (me and the ones I'm closest with, funnily enough) were all for hairy. Everyone else was on board for the man who shaves his body. I don't understand. Do you want a man or a boy? I'm pretty open about the fact that I don't shave my bush, and I have a hairy bum. I'm never going to shave or even trim. I think that would be weird. Give my penis a haircut? Is there a barber for that? Not only do I not believe in shaving my own body, I'm much more attracted to someone with a full chest of hair and an unruly pubic area. Ok, there are guys out there who are so hairy it looks like they are wearing a sweater, in which case I support a slight trim of the chest hair (but not a complete shave), and definitely back hair is not acceptable. But by the same token I don't really feel like plucking the sporadic hairs that are sprouting on my shoulders. I'm still sexy.

When you shave your penis, stubble grows, just as on the face. Does it not chafe you girls when you have rough stubble rubbing up against your own crotch? I find it painful enough when someone with a 5 o'clock shadow goes down on me, or kisses my chest, I couldn't imagine a stubbly penis penetrating my vagina. Wait, I have a vagina? Who are the men in Hollywood I'm attracted to? Jason Patrick, Hugh Jackman, Antonio Banderas, Jude Law, Chris Blair... Men. With hairy chests.

Debate: Do you prefer hairy or hairless?

4 comments:

Warrior Princesse Alathariel said...

I prefer what men naturally look like. Some men are naturally hairless.
that's totally sexy. some men are hairy. I like that on them. If my lovah was hairless, I wouldn't like it, because he's not hairless. As for pubic hair, keep it. I'm cool with it. How unnatural to shave it! On the other hand...girl pubic hair, I'm undecided about. I'm a woman, not a girl...but I like smoothness. it's tough. I'll have to think about it.

As for a penis penetrating my vagina? no stubble por favor!

The ArtofBeingMe said...

Ok. I think the time has come for us to wed.

I agree with you on the back hair: unacceptable. I love my lovah's little hairy patch on his chest. It's sexy because it's his. And I also have no problem with the random 'rogue hairs' as he calls them, that sprout from his shoulders. It's cool.

skinny-rabbit said...

You're right princesse, and allow me to clarify. I have nothing against hairless men (although my blog may have suggested otherwise). I simply loooove a hairy chest. My beef is not with a smooth body, it's with guys who shave to achieve a smooth body.

artsmonkey said...

stubble is worse than hair. especially on the chest and pubes!! although, i do think in some cases a trim or wax of the ass crack is in order - more for practical reasons than anything else.
most men who shave their pubes are trying to make their penises look bigger.