Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Make Me Happy (Lippa's The Wild Party)

I went to a dance class tonight. I haven't been to class in like two years. But this wasn't just any ordinary dance class. This was a $30 dance class. This was a $30 dance class because it was an intensive master class with the amazing Michael Knight. I'd never heard of him but my friend insisted that he is the male Mia Michaels and that I couldn't not go. Faye's in town, also teaching master classes. I called her. The studio she's at isn't easily accessible to me, but I told her I was taking Michael Knight's class and she said she'd come. She did. So tonight I spent an hour dancing beautiful lyrical choreography in the dark with read and blue spotlights shining on me, next to the beautiful and amazing Faye Rauw. It was a trip. I can't say I was great, or that I retained the choreography very well, but the experience I had was simply specatular. Afterwards I chatted with Faye and gave her a ride back to her hotel, and updated her on us all, and she told me to say hello to every one of you beautiful and amazing bloggers. My body hurts, but my soul is at peace.

4 comments:

Warrior Princesse Alathariel said...

good for you! dancing is amazing and it makes you you. also I love Faye and want to have her babies.

The ArtofBeingMe said...

i would like to be you right now. my soul is not at peace yet, my body does hurt.

did you at least get to do the splits?

skinny-rabbit said...

there were no splits, but a few kicks.

Lindsay said...

i miss faye!