Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Morning Person (Shrek The Musical)

I am not a morning person, but I will be soon.  Waking up is hard, especially at 8am with 3 hours of sleep.  Second winds don't last too long.  But tonight I'm in bed earlier than ever, and tomorrow even earlier.  I will make this happen.  I'm doing children's theatre after all.  I get to since Summertime as a grasshopper and dance a Fosse number about the boy who cried wolf.  I get to be a British ant, a New Yorker mouse, a hillbilly rooster, and much more!

2009 is going to be a great year.  It's going to be a responsible year.  Before I left Ottawa I had sat down with a good friend and we told each other the things we think the other needs to work on to improve themself.  So, I'm going to keep my hair short.  Everyone has been telling me how hot I look.  I'm going to start cutting out fast food and buying groceries and eating more healthy.  I've bought Vector cereal, clementines, grapes, bananas, Activia yogurt, nuts and carrots to snack on, and I've started ordering a salad as a side instead of fries.  Baby steps for this guy.

Another one of my things is to date more people that I meet in real life, as opposed to online, and to go on at least three dates with one guy instead of doing my usual one night stand thing.  Totally do able.  I've been feeling so hot and guys have been talking to me.  I feel so good.

Going to the gym?  I went tonight.  Don't ask me about before then, please.

Focus on stand up comedy.  I performed at the Hot Box Cafe last week and I'm submitting myself to the Arab American Comedy Festival in New York as both a comedian and a playwright.  Is that really how you spell playwright?

I've moved into my sublet and holy shit do I love it.  It's amazing.  I couldn't be happier.  I have not lived by myself in three years.  How have I survived?

Oh well, I'm happy now.

2 comments:

artsmonkey said...

ooh! hotbox. that was my standup premier. terrifying but cool. being hot is good. keep up the good work.

Lindsay said...

Excellent work. I def. agree with the short hair.

I totes want someone to tell me what I need to work on to improve myself. That sounds excellent and also makes me slightly nervous.