Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Schadenfreude (Avenue Q)

Ugh.  Schadenfreude means taking pleasure at the expense of other's misfortunes.  I'm feeling the opposite.  I'm loved by all my friends and family.  I've taken two trips to New York this summer that have left me on a high I'm still feeling.  I'm getting the hang of choreographing and it's turning out pretty well.  I have a job lined up doing children's theatre again in Toronto in February.  There's a boy I like.  I should feel off the charts awesome.  But when I look at what's going down around me, I get not so happy.

Several people in my life are cheating, being cheated on, getting their mistresses pregnant, breaking up, getting divorced, having bad attitudes in rehearsal, dying and committing suicide, being lonely, loosing touch with best friends, being stuck in ruts, fighting, making stupid decisions, closing amazing broadway shows.  It's bringing me down, man.  I wake up every morning and try to be happy and it lasts most of the day.  Then I'll get some bad news or someone in rehearsal will act like a fucktard or my director will be a total idiot and I'll go to bed with worry.  I wake up feeling better every morning, but my sleeps ain't so nice.  I want everyone to be happy.  Then I can be happy.  Can everyone just get their lives together so that I can live my life in peace, please?

3 comments:

Warrior Princesse Alathariel said...

Okay. I'll do it for you. I have friends again though, so I don't feel like I'm in a rut anymore. I feel hopeful and excited! Cross that problem off your list!

And I don't think I can go back to TO in February. I'm thinking April or May though, so don't worry.

Who are you gonna live with?

Spread your joy, it will work!

(not in "The Secret" way Neenia!)

Lindsay said...

Are you living in an episode of Y&R?

artsmonkey said...

i´m feeling more or less good these days... if that helps.