Friday, January 18, 2008

Happily Ever After, After All (A Change In The Heir)

I think I can learn to be a happy person again. I bought a day planner the other day. It's undated. Every week goes Monday to Sunday plus Someday and you fill in the dates. That's genius. In the Someday slot, I plan to chronicle how the ol' debt's doing. Actually it's not the ol' debt cause I done paid that fucker off. It's a new debt. A new debt to symbolize the shit time I've been having since deciding to stay in this joint a few months ago. Fuck it. I'm going to pay it off and start anew. I'm going to get the hell out of here in May, or even mid-April and start anew. I'm going to quit work when renovations start in April, and start anew. I'm going to start working on my documentary and get a grant. I'm going to plan a cabaret. I'm going to go back home, to the city I miss hating. I'm going to going to travel to Vancouver, Montreal, Mexico, New York (in that order), all by July. I'm going to choreograph Fame in the fall and not know what the hell I'm doing. I'm going to move to New York in 2009. I'm going to save up lots of money. I'm going to take classes. I'm going to be fabulous. Not just in New York, but starting now. I'm going to make time for friends. Even if I have to pencil them in. They will be seen. I'm going to be civil with my roommate, not because I forgive him, but because it takes too much energy, negative energy, to hate so much. I'm going to sleep early so I can be well rested for those early morning shows. I'm going to work less at the restaurant. I'm not going to stress about money. I'm going to live my life. I'm going to enjoy it. I'm going to be happy. I will. I'm going to put my laundry in the dryer now.

3 comments:

Warrior Princesse Alathariel said...

You are one of my favourite people. I'm so glad I know you.

artsmonkey said...

i need to do my laundry. dammit.

Anonymous said...

Do I know you? I don't see my stuff quoted very often.

George H. Gorham
Bookwriter/Lyricist
ghgorham@verizon.net