Saturday, June 02, 2007

Oh, What A Beautiful Mornin' (Oklahoma)

I feel like my last few posts have been dowtrodden, so I'm going to pick things up a little. This is the first morning in over a month that I've had to sleep in. It's awesome. I'm still exhaustsed, but at least I know I was able to sleep in. It was opening night last night. The show went very well for me and the audience effing loved it. I must say I was totally on. Steam Heat got a wild reaction, which we were totally hoping for. I like getting opening night cards. It makes me feel nice when people say nice things to me. Like this one, for example, from someone I've never been in a show with before, but who has been in other shows with the same company: "I've seen you onstage before and you captured my attention. I can see now why everyone loves you - you're so talented: sing, dance and act and you're just a great guy." That's nice.

I'm also feeling very good because I told my bosses at work that I'm leaving them for Toronto. I was very scared to tell them that I'm ditching in the middle of the summer, which is their busiest time of year, but they were fully supportive. They knew it was coming and have been dreading the day. That feels good to know. I also love leaving when people least expect it. Like when I decided to leave Toronto. I definitely left to pay off my debt (only $1000 to go! I can DO this!), but in the back of my mind I was mostly excited to leave because of the shock value. I have the same feeling now, and I tell the friends I have made here "Oh, by the way, I'm moving back to Toronto next month." That's hot.

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

YOU'RE hot. I can't wait until you are in my life 24/7.

Warrior Princesse Alathariel said...

I wanna do another opening night with you! I miss performing with you and getting into trouble because of you during rehearsals!

The ArtofBeingMe said...

i miss that too!

i still can't believe how terrible we were in our shakespeare classes. hahahaha! that was the summer it all began. the birth of wanda and albert.

those people are right. you are fabulous and after you move to toronto you can shock them even more by saying 'i'm movin to New York F****ing City!

oh how i pray.....

artsmonkey said...

yay! moving is exciting. change is good.

The ArtofBeingMe said...

ok. this break your taking from blogger must stop NOW.