Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Because (The Thing About Men)

So many people have been posting all their pictures from Toronto Pride on Facebook. It looks like fun. I have never been to a Pride event. I've never felt the need to. I don't consider myself a self-loathing gay. I consider myself a regular person. I feel that - and this is not limited to us homos - as long as we continue to celebrate our differences, there will always be minorities. I don't need a week or a parade to be gay. I can be gay all year long and feel great about it. Gay, black, Jewish, what-have-you, we are never going to be one as long as we keep reminding the world that we are not.

4 comments:

The ArtofBeingMe said...

yes, i agree with you here but just let the gays have fun. they like it.

the new york pride parade was last weekend. wooweee! the whole dynamic on the subway changed.

Lindsay said...

That's EXACTLY how I feel about Pride Week. As long as you keep drawing attention to the fact that you're different the more you will be thought of as different. Be gay and fabulous all year. If hetero's had a Hetero Week would anybody really care? Bedroomprince and I had a discussion about this just last night.

artsmonkey said...

i think i agree. although the party is fun.

Warrior Princesse Alathariel said...

excuse to party man!