Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Letting You Go (Jason Robert Brown)

A week later I'm still hurting (I just came up with that, I swear), but I'm letting go of my anger. My show is over and I just started a new job. It is time to begin a new chapter. I'm done with theatre for a couple of weeks. It's time work non-stop and make a couple of hundred bucks so I can get back on my feet. I owe so much money right now, it's almost like I'm back where I started. The difference this time is that I'm focused on the task of paying back the money and I know how to do it. That's a nice feeling, knowing that I can stay afloat. I'm totally digging my new job. Everyone is so nice and they all say thank you and tell me what a great job I'm doing and introducing themselves and asking my name and remembering it and using it and being friendly and helpful. That's just absolutely fantastic considering I quit my last job because everyone was an asshole and mean and inconsiderate and whiney and awful and making each other cry and being indimitating and saying things like "I don't need to learn your name." Maybe some good came out of that. Out of rape. No, wait, that was Sarah Silverman. I'm exciting to not be working on a show for a while. I'm auditioning for some stuff in the next few weeks/months. I'm not even sure if I want to do anything at the moment. I'm also going to have to plunge into the doc I want to make while I can. Me and my business partner (teehee) rented Broadway: The Golden Age as research. I watched the commentary to see if I could pick up some tips and dude did the whole movie on his own with pretty much no help and no budget. I can do this. You can do this Hunter...Hunter...Hunter... Stop forcing ideas. That shit is no fun...no fun...no fun... Oh I lapsed into [titleofshow]. I need to keep Die, Vampire, Die in my head for the next year.

3 comments:

Warrior Princesse Alathariel said...

I know you can! It's gonna be great! You'll direct, starring me!
I'm learning how to stay afloat too. But I'm still avoiding creditors...faking my phone cutting out, saying I'm my roommate and I can't come to the phone... I'll get better soon...if you can do it, I can do it!

Lindsay said...

You have a story to tell, pull your novel out of that sock drawer!
You have a painting to paint, you best paint it and then paint some more!
Oh baby, you must escape, then grab it by the nape of it's neck, by the trachea, fuckin' break it, go on drive a stake in it, yeah there's no mistaken', now you're shakin' bacon!
Die, Vampire! I said, Die, Vampire! I said, now Die Vampire, DIE!!!

bedroomprince said...

Die Vampire Die are words to live by.